View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #9
mignon
Yorkie Talker

Default More re Pixie and LP

Hi - thanks for the personal experiences, everyone.

I talked to the vet this morning and he says it will take 2-3 months and possibly 4-6 months before Pixie is back to normal. We were in to see him weekly for a month after the Feb.14th surgery and he did say she has abnormal leg structure. I will have to ask him again on specifics.

The vet also said I could use meloxicam (anti-inflamatory) for pain - small dose - in the evenings if necessary. I will try to use sparingly but not much choice.

Re board certified vet question - I live in Canada and it is a licensed vet according to our regulatory group. I tried to choose the one with the bed rating and feedback. He has been very good in most respects it seems but it all depends all the outcome doesn't it?

Re Pins put in for LP surgery------I am sure the vet only made a groove for the kneecap. She was in a cast for 2 weeks. Are pins usually standard?

Unfortunately I am unable to drive currently due to elbow replacement so getting to the vet takes planning.

Sorry I haven't figured out how to enclose people's comments in quotes! I hope I am not too confusing.

Merle and Pixie
mignon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!