View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
ashley_
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Somi's LP Surgery Tomorrow

Somi has her LP surgery tomorrow. (10 month, <4lb parti female)
I am getting super nervous even though I feel like the surgeon she is going to is really great. (Dr. Beale at Gulf Coast Vet recommended by ladyjane).

She is also getting spayed and having three of her baby teeth that haven't fallen out pulled. They said this would be okay to do all at the same time, and she will probably be okay but I'm not sure I will be okay seeing her be in so much pain.

But on a less nervous note question. I have been planning on giving her a really good bath tonight since she won't be able to have one for awhile after the surgery. And I have been grooming her on my own and I was wondering what other peoples thought are on if I should cut her hair shorter. It isn't that long now, I have only trimmed it once but would say it is longer than the normal "puppy cut." I was thinking maybe if all of it was a bit shorter than the shaved spots wouldn't look so weird when it was growing back. PLUS I would have to brush her so much while she is healing. (and shorter being still having 1-2 inches of hair NOT shaved to nothing)

So just wondering (1) how much do they have to shave her for this surgery? and (2) do you think it would be better or worse to cut her shorter?

Thanks.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!