View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Cry my heart is breaking right how...

Something is going on with my new little boy, Bentley, about 3 hours ago his back legs went out on him and he started to whimper. I ran and picked him up...his little head appeared as if he were drunk. this lasted about 3 seconds. I put him down to see if he was alright and he was fine. I was on the phone with the breeder (about an hour ago)...he was playing with his sister Lillie when he trotted into the living room, slipped and started to whimper again. this time his little head was tilted to the side and he was acting as if something was caught in his throat...his mouth was wide open and he was making a gagging sound. I held onto him for a minute then put him in his x pen to watch him. He just laid down on his bed. After about 10 mins he's up and jumping around wanting to get out. I have called my vet and he goes in at 2:45 today....I am a nervous wreck to say the least. I know what they are going to tell me....seizures. I know someone had posted a video of their dog having a seizure. My question...can they live a long healthy life like this? will this shorten his life? He is only 8 months old....maybe something he will grow out of? do they give meds to help with seizures? I am SO upset right now....He came with a 1 yr health guarantee....I could NEVER bring him back....I fell in love with my little man instantly! with tears in my eyes I am PRAYING he is going to be alright . PLEASE....if anyone has any positive input on this Please let me know....my heart is breaking right now...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!