View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
myhuckieduckie
Yorkie Yakker

Default Help with his barking and jumping during walks

I need to get my 16 month old dog into a training class but that's not going to be able to happen for a few weeks yet. So I'm looking for tips to help me during walks. Since the weather is so warm out now more people are out walking and dogs are outside.

My dog when he sees someone or a dog will get excited and start pulling, he'll get to the point where he'll start walking on his back legs because he's pulling so hard and then he starts barking and his tail is a wagging.

I will try to cross the road to the other side or turn around and walk in the direction I came from, but if I cross the road he'll still continue his behavior and even if I turn around to walk in the direction we came from he will turn around and try walking backwards so he can bark and try to pull towards the dog/person.

If I pick him up he will squirm and scratch until I have to put him down for fear of him hurting himself or me.

Any tips on how to curb this behavior until I can get him into training class? I don't want to stop taking him on walks as he needs the exercise and I do as well.
myhuckieduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!