View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
fifeandshaffer
YT Addict

Default Thinking about a 2nd yorkie I found on craigslist

I always had two yorkies, but it's just me and Cooper now and for the last year, Cooper is ok as an only dog, I tried the rescue route before I got Cooper, it just didn't work out for me, I'm sure it's a wonderful rescue, but they said I would not be a good owner because my one yorkie was overweight I free feed, have to many steps, no fenced in yard. I'm sure they have the reasons for the rules, I was just put off,,, I have been looking in the shelters last few weeks, but today I found a 5 year old male that seems to be well taken care of that needs a new home. I sent them an email and some photos of my dogs gave my vet ref, said I would be happy for them to come visit. Cooper was a pre rescue also off cl, about two years ago, people totally lied about him, he was in horrible health, 10 baby teeth remained at two years old, had eye infections, now dx is kcs, he gets daily drops. I'm happy to give him. Cooper was such a blessing in my life, but after two dogs that health problems my fife had lp and legg p, both he had surgery for, also had ct, shaffer had seizure disorders and ct, I don't want another sick dog from the start, so my question is is it acceptable to ask if I can take the dog to my vet to get checked before I agree to take the dog? Does that make me sound terrible? They say he is healthy but they said that about Cooper too.
fifeandshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!