Thread: my baby girl
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Breeding at any age will put her in harms way because she could die. If you really really love her why don't you get her spayed and keep her as a pet? The only time you should breed is if you have a mentor who is a excellent breeder and has done it many many times, if your yorkie is an excellent representation of the breed, if you know the lines of your dog and its mate to make sure there is no LP or other illnesses in the lines, she should be health checked and so should her mate, she needs to be free of LP as well as her mate, and they both need to be AKC registered. You also need to look at why you want to breed if its for money you would not brake even if you are doing what you are supposed to do so there is no way you will make lots of money. If you want her to have puppies so you can have a puppy and give some to your family and friends is her life worth that? Do you have enough money in the bank if she would need a c-section?

Great post! I know that it is SO tempting to consider having more of these little cuties but as the prior post said there is ALOT to consider when breeding. The chances of something going HORRIBLY wrong is just way too high. I have a beautiful girl who I am sure would have amazing puppies but she is my precious girl and I could never chance losing her. Breeding yorkies really is something to leave to the pros. Glad you asked
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!