View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
fifeandshaffer
YT Addict

Thanks for the nice notes Fife died almost two years ago, but today is his bday, my kids would be almost 19 now, they died 17 years ago, funny how much he helped me, a 6 pound little dog made me less hard, and showed me love again. I adored that little dog. He showed me I could be happy again. I know how silly that sounds but it's true. I'm a doctor for people., my last year of training I was in charge of the residents, one of my residents, a second year, came to me said he needed a week off starting now, I said ok why, he said my family dog is sick and going to die I need to fly home. I had lost my kids a few years prior, and frankly was a cold hearted bitch,, I allowed him to go, but thought it was the dumbest thing I ever heard, he was a dr people and things die, and you want to take off for a dog I said... I told him he needed to get his priority correct, he said you never had a pet did you I said nope, he replied, I hope one day you do it's the best thing ever, he said I grew up with that yorkie, he was as close to me as my mom dad sister brother. I always kept that in the back of my mind. I said when I was done my residency and fellowship,, I would get a yorkie. Needeless to say I was hooked. I tracked that dr down, wrote him a note said I was so sorry, and now I get it,, I only had fife a week and I got it. He was so nice, and was genuinely happy for me. One yorkie wasn't enough for me,,, a month after I got fife I bought shaffer, both have died of ct since but I was so happy to have them in my life for the short time I did. I now have just Cooper but can't imagine my life with no yorkie.
fifeandshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!