View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
fifeandshaffer
YT Addict

When I rescued cooper he was eating ol Roy, beniful or one other dreadful food I cannot recall, at the time I fed my other dog Stella and chewie or ziwi peak, I changed his food the same day I got him, with no issues I also gave him some yogurt with every meal he never had any issues. Cooper still eats the Stella and chewie , ziwi peak, but unlike most dogs he gets bored, so we switch it around often , he also eats Origen, now, life's abundance, totw, wellness, and a few others, he has never had an issue with his tummy. Like others have said not every dog is the same and your not going to know until you try it. Some dogs do great on one food some don't, some do ok with the rapid change some don't. Some dogs like the same food everyday, my Cooper gets bored so I change his up every few weeks. I'm sure that's against what most people say but it works for Cooper, I always feed him Hugh quality dog food, but now and again I buy a can of ceasars he loves it,, vet equated it to mcdonalds for dogs, while I don't condone it often, I enjoy a cheat now and then so I feel he should too.
fifeandshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!