View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Unhappy Sat night at ER: Max gagging

Max is okay, but we would appreciate positive thoughts that all is fine.

Max started gagging late this afternoon. He was breathing fine and even eating, but he started rubbing his face in the carpet like something was wrong. Still breathing fine, but when he tried to bark he would start gagging hard and sounded raspy. I checked the corners of his mouth to make sure he didn't have any hair down his throat.

We went over to the doggy ER and saw a very nice doc. I was relieved because I'm so nervous about seeing vets I don't know, especially for something potentially serious.

The doctor was confident that Max doesn't have anything in his throat, but he did see a little irritation. After the exam and discussing the remote possibilities of what Max would have had access to today and the fact that he was never out my sight, we decided against sedating for xrays. Max did have a CET chew today, but I held it the whole time and he never got a piece off of it.

Max already sounds better, but is reluctant to bark. We are going to keep him under closer supervision (meaning I won't be sleeping).

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!