View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #15
D_and_Mandy
Yorkie Talker

So Davis my fiance and I went to meet Tyler last night. Well.... it didn't go so well.. My fiance(FI) wasn't too happy with Tyler. We got in the car and he basically said, 'this isn't a good idea for three reason.. I'll outline them for you here, maybe you guys can help me out.. He's agreed to at least discuss it.

#1. Before we even got to the front door, Tyler was barking up a storm. FI is very much against 'yappy' dogs, we have Davis trained not to bark when people come to the door ect. He only barks when he plays with other dogs, and even then only sometimes. TYlers mom said that he barks at everything, every little noise. We live in a house and have a yard, but their is a tenant on the second floor. FI is worried that Tyler would be barking constantly and that it would Spur Davis into action. Davis was barking a lot more around Tyler than he usually does with other dogs.

2 and 3 kinda tie in together,,

#2. TYler is not fixed and tried to mount Davis several times. FI is worried that if we aren't supervising them constantly, Davis may get violated or worse (#3) squished/seriously injured.

#3. Visually, Tyler is easily 4-5 times the size of Davis. We were told he was 7 pounds (Davis is around 4). I picked up (or tried to pick up) Tyler, and he is easily over 12 pounds. He may be 12 years old, but he is still so full of energy! They dogs were playing quite rough and Davis got stepped on a few times.

Soo... can you teach an old dog new tricks? Could Tyler be trained not to bark at every little noise, and play nice with a much smaller yorkie? Could we get him nuetrered at 12, or would that be too dangerous at his age?

Any suggestions?
D_and_Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!