View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Teresa Ford
Therapy Yorkies Work
Donating Member

Just a Though about Passion: Passion is like a finger print, it identifys us.
Most of us come to YT because Yorkies are one of our passions. I have been laughed at and called that Jesus Nut, the Crazy Dog Lady, and other labels. But I don't mind, it is ok, I am who I am. I don't try to convert cat people, horse showmen, football fanatics, Jewish friends, Shoe collectors or Music makers. I respect their passion, even if I don't understand it. Not everyone can or will step outside themselves and be tolerant of different beliefs.
When asked, I do try to educate others about Yorkies. I volunteer where I can, and work with dogs daily, it is one of my passions. I am also a writer, a Christian, and I like gardening, sewing and crafting. All these things help me express my unique self. The older I get the more I realize life should be a balance of sharing passions. Not obsessions that keep me away from others. Passion should not make me unkind, rude, or arrogant. Passion should always be founded on respect and love.
I also have noticed that when I get preachy people stop listening. When I live doing the things I believe, people ask and then I can teach.

Last edited by Teresa Ford; 03-22-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Teresa Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!