View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #11
D_and_Mandy
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Bless you for taking in the senior....you know, we ALL will be seniors some day, and I hope we are all looked after by some loving concerned individual! Seems like everyone has covered very well what different things you can do and need to do for Tyler to make his transition as easy as possible....I will stress, just remember, he is going to miss his owner terribly....be patient with that....it would be nice if you had something with his owners scent on it, for him to keep close for a period of time. My brother rescued a senior dog under the same circumstances....I suggested he contact the owner personally and let her dog (ShuShu) was going to a great home and would be very well cared for. Then I suggested he give the owner his name and address and phone #, so the little old lady could check up on her baby from time to time.....they talked a couple of times, and my brother asked if she wanted to see the dog for a visit....she was soooooo excited about doing that......and that got to be a monthly thing for them for almost 6 years.......that may be something you would want to see if the owner would be interested in......(if you are up for that!)
@Yorkiemom1- We would love to do that! I inquired with our local St. John Ambulance volunteer association about getting Davis involved with their therapy dog program. He has to wait a few more months, they dont accept dogs under a year, but I'm sure Tyler would love to go visit his mom while Davis could spread some cheer to the other residents.
D_and_Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!