View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
fifeandshaffer
YT Addict

Default Eating and drinking differently

Hi all first I made an appointment at my vet for tonight. Cooper is 4 weighs almost 4 pounds. He lived in a cage for two years when I first got him he was under 3 pounds and always hungry scarfed his food down, after a month or so he realized we would always have food he was never aggressive with food but ate til it was gone. He was always a decent eater until my other dog died, then he didn't seem to care about food anymore. He lost a little weight but not enough to worry about. Yesterday he drank tons of water for him, no more than my other yorkies did but for him lots. He never goes on the peepee pad 2x but yesterday for the first time he did. He is also wanting to eat more and more. I'm happy to feed him, I just don't know why the sudden change. Shaffer died almost a year ago. I do notice he eats more with other dogs around I figure he doesn't want to miss out even if he isn't hungry. Last week I left the back door open by mistake and he was lost for about 16 hours. I did take him to the vet to get checked all was well blood work good, but now I'm worried. It was almost 80 degrees here yesterday maybe he was just thirsty.
Any thoughts helpful Ty
fifeandshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!