View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
LeighJ
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thizzlepop View Post
He also bites and children if they try "play" hitting me. Again, seems like he's trying to protect me.
I think protection plays a part in it too, and may even somewhat be the original source. My other dog likes to play and she growls a lot and it sounds mean when she does so, but it is just her playing. The younger hates when she growls or plays as I think she believes the she is trying to hurt me. She has always tried to get between her when that happens. It was never aggressive though, more just dancing in front/between us to make her stop.

Now it is her just being aggressive toward her in general. I really think most of it is just jealousy. I can just be petting the other one and it now makes her go up and start nipping at her and putting her paws up on her back to stop her, even just calling the other one to me, she either tries intercepting her or getting in front of her.

The problem is, I don't know how to make her stop and it is strange that it has minifested itself when she is almost 2 to just all of sudden being that aggressive, especially her being so timid in all in most everything else. Tried putting her in her kennel. I tried fussing at her when she does it and giving a stern no. Tried separating them and giving indivdual attention, but can't keep that up for long. Tried just ignoring it, but you can't not give attention and the moment she sees me do so she goes and jumps on her again, even when petting both equally one on one side one on the other.

Last edited by LeighJ; 03-20-2012 at 07:34 PM.
LeighJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!