View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
LovemyLilly
Yorkie Talker

Default Diagnosis!

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in responding but the gi panel came back negative so the doctor did a bile acid test to test her liver functions. The results came back today and the results were abnormal. The doctor explained that the results are consistent with microscopic vascular dysplasia. The Ibs is a symptom of the mvd. From what he explained the blood vessels in her liver are not normal and there's a deposit of toxins because it's not filtering properly. Luckily weve caught it super early so she doesn't have any shunts. Unfortunately the treatment is just medical. A diet that's low in protein and medicine to help her body improve liver function. Luckily the prognosis is good. He wants to keep her on probiotics twice a week as well. Unfortunately this is a chronic problem and she will probably have bouts of diahrrea forever but we've begun the process of managing her problem. So at least we have a resolution and now we know where to go from here. I thank you all for your help and well wishes. I think I'll sleep a little better tonight.
LovemyLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!