View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #7
ashley_
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Parsley

My mom heard from her vet that adding parsley to their daily food will help with tear stains. She started using it a few weeks ago and I saw her maltese this past weekend and she looked SOO much better already. She had been using Angel Eye's before that and there was very little change. [Her maltese used to get tear stains so bad somehow she would end up with stained hair in her top knot hair, I think she would cry some and then rub her head into pillows and things. I'm really not sure how they got so bad.]
Neither of my yorkies have had a horrible time with tear stains, I pick out the goop every day and it doesn't stain very noticeable, so I haven't remembered to start giving them parsley. I was also opposed to giving them meds for just tear stains [plus it was super expensive], so I had developed a routine to try to keep the stains from getting too bad.
Also, I read an article that someone posted somewhere on here about lots of other benefits of giving dogs parsley, so I would definitely recommend adding parsley to their meal. I hope it helps
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!