View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEastland View Post
When I bought her she had just 2 shots, so had to wait to take outside until she was fully vaccinated, so she is grass pad trained, but does go outside when I take her out. I've tried the playpen, but she can climb it, so that's out. I make sure she goes both pee and poop before I put her in her crate. She is free fed with a teaspoon of can in the morning and night, per breeder. No food or water in crate and she is about 2.5 pounds and I bought the smallest crate, so she can turn around and that is it, but she has never gone in the crate until now. Could it be separation anxiety, as I can hear her screaming from outside when I leave for work.

So, she has no food and water available to her for the 4.5 hours that you are gone during the day, correct?

It sounds to me like you are doing everything possible to prevent any accidents. Its hard to say why she has started this. Simply because there is no way that at her age she should not be able to hold it in for the 4.5 hrs you are gone. Dogs can be so unpridicable... Could there something in your morning routine that has changed that may have something to do with it. Have you changes her food?

I would make sure that she doesnt' get her fill of water in the morning after she has emptied her bladder. She has such a tiny little bladder that it wouldn't take much for her to need to relieve herself even after drinking a small amount of water. See if that helps.

Another suggestion would he to make sure you are feeding her first thing in the am, alow her to drink and eat her breakfast and than giving her plenty of time to use the pee pads more than once if needed before you leave for work. Maybe once outside and once on the pad.

See how things go...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!