View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
fifeandshaffer
YT Addict

I asked this same question so many times about my first dog, whom I adored, the most common answer I got is you will know, and I did. I was devistated but I knew he no longer could be helped, i was willing to spend any amount of money to fix him but it didn't matter. I didn't understand you will know until I did. I called the vet on a Monday night said it was time they said come right over I said no tomorrow is good I need one more night. I was glad I had one more night, fife had stopped sleeping with me, I think his way to distance himself from me, that last night I gave him all his favorite treats, made him homemade ice cream, gave him a bath so he was nice and pretty, that night he slept with me. I knew it was time just like my vet and many friends said you will know when it's time. I'm so sorry you George is not well, it's sad our pets can't stay with us longer. I know your struggle and I'm sorry. Maybe explain to your daughter that you will take him to the vet to get looked at but he may be in pain and can't be helped that the best thing we can do for our pets is let them go

Last edited by fifeandshaffer; 03-19-2012 at 12:16 PM.
fifeandshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!