View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Default How to know when its time to let your dog go

Georgie is a 14 yr old schnoodle. She has been having trouble with her hip for the past few years and can no longer walk up stairs. She will get up a few and then whine for help. For the past three weeks she has been having diarreha and just lays around. She acts fine for a short time and then back to just laying around. As she is 14 and nearing the end of her life span I cant justify any life saving measures.

My daughter is convinced that we are all gung ho to have her put down. My fault as George is very very loud and barks non stop as well as having become kind of mean. In frustration I have said out loud that if she keeps it up Im taking her to the vet. I feel awful as thats not what I really feel but she thinks that I dont care. I have been distancing myself for george as I know that George is old and sick and as she is my first dog I do love her very much. Its too painful to even think about but thats not what my daughter believes. I dont know how to deal with this emotionally and probably am not dealing well with this.

My daughter wants us to have George tested and explore options. The reality is that there is no way we can afford to extend her life if she really is sick. She has lumps EVERYWHERE that we were told not to worry about but I fear that she may have cancer. What do I do guys? I dont want to see George suffer and I know that dogs will hide pain and illness and even a moron could see that shes not well. I havent taken her in as I am sure that we are going to hear that her life is no longer a quality one, I havent prepared myself for that until now.

How do I take care of George without looking like a monster to my daughter? This is beyond horrible!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!