View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Can you withhold liquids within two to three hours of bedtime? Be sure he is otherwise hydrated during the day and early evening but just until he gets a bit more control, might try that. He apparently just cannot hold all that fluid in his little bladder all the night long so maybe he's getting too much water or water in his food or his bladder is still developing. You might have to get him a small airline type carrier and let him sleep in that in the bed with you for a bit as his bladder develops. I used one of those for Tibbe until I was sure he could hold it all night. I would stick my fingers through the mesh door and he would put his little face up against my fingers and we would sleep that way. Being in a small carrier like that does tend to encourage a dog that does have the ability to hold its urges until it gets out of the confinement. If he soils that, it is a problem or development issue with his bladder probably. Might try letting him outside every 4 hours rather than 3 to see if he can learn to hold it longer.

Or he could have developed a UTI and needs a vet check/treatment.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!