View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #16
maggiesmom_2007
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwebkat View Post
Thanks guys. THis is going to be an ordeal!

Maximo - we have definitely tried to keep everything on schedule. He seems to be adjusting pretty well.

Joyce - thanks! How old are your two? Are they about the same age? Are they the same gender, or different?

MaggiesMom - OMG! You have 6 dogs eh? LOL Well, 5 Yorkies must definitely be a handful! Are you raising Yorkies, or are they just part of your family (like ours are)? Do they all get along pretty well? I haven't tried a coupler yet, but I usually take one or two, and my husband takes the other(s). On weekends my 11 year old grandson stays with us, so we all have a dog when we walk then. Boy, do our dogs LOVE to walk at the park!

Michelle - We too took our 2 everywhere. Not sure what a Kwigy Bo bag is, but I'll google it. We have to rethink how we do everything now. You are sure right about the increase in vet bills and grooming time. Our Tera is spayed, but both Koda and Rocky will need to be neutered in the next couple of months. I do have a standing appointment at our vet to have my dogs bathed/groomed - every other week. Luckily they are very reasonable, so that will be good.

Thanks for the ideas!
I thought 5 would be a handful but I had some of my friends Yorkies here while she had her surgery in October, and not really much problems . Just the occasional squabble. I raise and show some of them but they are all part of my family. I know alot of breeders say that but in my case it is very true. In fact the only time they are in crates is in the car. I use a coupler with my 2 boys because they are over standard size and I would be afraid of them pulling my girls that are half their size. My show dogs get trained and walked on a lead but are harness trained when they are pups so they are used to it. My neighbors think it's funny to see my showdogs going for walks because their hair is wrapped and they have special pajamas on under the harnesses to prevent matting or hair breakage.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!