View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
Jacksmom052709
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

After discussing with my vet, I was a bit worried about the reaction. She said years ago almost all of the smaller breeds (Yorkies, Chihuahuas, teacup poodles) had a reaction to it, so the vets quit recommending and the owners of small breeds obviously shied away from the vaccine. She said, however, there have been advances in medicine over the years so the reactions are seen less frequently. She also said that the cases of Lepto are on the rise. Although we live in "the City of Macedonia" (not your typical downtown city like New York or Cleveland) we do have plenty of wild animals that come into the yard. I have seen raccoon, skunks, opossum, squirrels (they are everywhere aren't they?) and even deer (yes, I'm paranoid about deer ticks too... LOL) and the yard does have plenty of standing water - ever since they built the city center behind our house, our drainage has gone downhill... anyway, thank you all for your comments. For now, I am not going to get him vaccinated against it - if our lifestyles ever change, I will revisit the idea.

Thank you all again for your thoughts!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!