View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Depending on how well that baby was socialized before you got her, she could be going through the adjustment phase. Did your breeder have it in her contract that you should take the baby to a vet for her initial health check with in 24-48 hours? Did she have a vet visit on Saturday to be sure your baby is healthy? If we know she is healthy, then it is just adjustment she is going thru....you may have a timid little girl that is lost and confused about where she is and where everything she is familiar with, has gone. You need to cuddle and hold and love on her continously, until she gets past the fright and anxiety she is having at the time. It is not uncommon for them to not eat immediately afyer going to their new home....your breeder should have told you what she is on, and you offer that to her....I encourage my new parents to free feed until they get adjusted to their new home...that way, they can sneak a bite now and then, as they get more comfortable. You can also offer her baby food...chicken....on your4 finger...if she wont likck it off your finger, you need to put a little on her tongue, in her mouth, to get her interested..... You want bottled water or distilled water....your tap water smells different than the tap water where she came from, and she may not like what she is smelling, so she wont be having any part of that! Besides you DO NOT WANT HER TO GET DIARRHEA from different water!These babies can drop like a rock and go down soooooo fast....you can not let her go 3 days without eating or drinking water! Today is Sunday...if she has not eaten or at least had fluid to drink, you need to be sitting in a vet office / emergency clinic! Contact your breeder...tell her what is going on...if she is worth the sweat off her brow as a breeder, she is concerned about her baby! I email or call my new owners at least twice a day for the first 4 days, then daily for the next 4 days, then weekly for a week or so...that s, if there is NO problems! If there are any issues or concerns, I am right in the middle of it with the new owner! They are NEVER left to their own devices with a new baby of mine!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!