View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
Julia350
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzy420 View Post
Interesting for sure, thank you for sharing. Do you notice any symptoms associated with the missing knee cap?
The only thing that I have noticed is her limping. Other than that, nothing. I felt both of her knees and the one that has a missing kneecap has a huge groove. She doesn't seem to be in any pain though.

I'm still calling around to find an orthopedic vet/surgeon to see her. I'm mostly looking in the Atlanta area even though it is a two hour drive because I can't seem to find anything in my area.

I tried googling her condition but I don't think there is a name for it. I only found two other dogs without kneecaps. In these cases, both of the kneecaps were missing. One gets around with a "bunny hop", and the other one can't walk at all. Delilah doesn't seem to have any major problems right now, even though the vet said it will get worse with time. I think that her good leg has helped her out a great deal over the years.

I'm still trying to find the breeder, but he seems to have vanished into thin air. =/
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!