View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #14
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

I don't have any experience with cushings whatsoever, but I do have a dog that has chronic yeast infection issues. We have never given injectable antibiotics or antihistamines for it. And we have never given oral antihistamines.

Is there something wrong with Otomax or mometimax (may contain steroids, don't know)? Zymox has a formula available with and without cortisone. I've never even heard of using oral keto for a yeast infection in ears. Not saying it doesn't work, just that it sound like a huge thing to do over a minor issue.

Don't know how steroids in ears (like the good form of zymox) affects a cushings dog systemically. Vet says absolutely not?

Just looked it up. Otomax looks like it does contain a steroid. I think zymox may work if you get the one without. Something to talk to your vet about. Most vets don't use it yet. Then there is another very new product. Blanking on the name. It's like a caulk that the vet can put in and it stays there releasing a drug. Don't know the active ingredients, but might be worth a look.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!