View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
hobbette
YT Addict

Default puppy shots in the hip, bloating

My sis took her 11week morkie for puppy shots yesterday, and shes having trouble. The vet gave them in her hip and didn't pull the skin up. My dogs have always gotten theirs in the skin by their shoulders. I didn't see him give the shot but is sounds like it might have been in the muscle not just under the skin which is how I've always seen it done....

The pup acted like her hip was really bothering her lastnight and her stomach today. My sis called the vet, and told them she was bloated, and hadn't pooped and wanted to know if there was anything she could give her for constipation, and they told her she could give her pepto, and call back if she hadn't pooped by 3. I think she talked to the receptionist not the vet, but it seemed kinds crazy to me, you don't take pepto when you're constipated why would you give it to your dog? Wouldn't that just make it worse? Maybe she meant for the bloating but, that's not what it sounded like to my sis.

I told my sis I mix pumpkin and olive oil in yuri's food when he's having trouble going, but I have no idea about the bloating... she had gone before my sis was supposed to call the vet, and the pepto for constipation thing kind of made her not want to call back. Any of you had pets with bloating after shots? I think the also put frontline on her. I think my sis is planning to take her to a different vet tomorrow if she isn't any better. She looks pregnant shes so bloated.
hobbette is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!