View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
zowiandnikasmom
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I think Wylie was on Keto and Lyso at the same time for a bit. But, it was more bc we were decreasing one, while starting the other. I didn't see any signs of him heading toward an addisonian crisis.

What was her last post-test? Maybe you have more wiggle room if her post number was high-normal...?

Another thing...if you're super worried, you could talk to the vet about lowering the Lyso just during Keto treatment. It's a short duration...and lowering the Lyso temporarily shouldn't really make significant changes. If you're really scared about this combo, it may be worth asking your vet about this.
thanks again ann. glad to hear that wylie never had any problem, that is a bit of relief. zowi's last post result for cortisol was 67.2 ng/ml with a normal range of 65.0-174.6 ng/ml but she did at one point go down to 49.6 without any signs of overcontrol so possibly there is some wiggle room? (we use u of tenn for monitoring so this is not the usual measurement where normal would be from 1.0-5.0 and i'm not sure how to translate to ug/ml.)

you mention a very good point about lowering the trilostane temporarily. especially with the weekend approaching, i think i'll try to reach zowi's dr today and see if i can give her half the trilostane dose at least just until monday if not until the keto is gone. can't hurt to ask and i will follow whatever she says to do. zowi has had 3 doses of keto, thankfully with no problems so far so the worrry has lessened some but i'm definitely not letting my guard down. 5 days to go....

thanks again so much for the input and for sharing your experience, i appreciate it very much! hugs ~ carrie
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!