View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
sportschick
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have her first vet apt. in my area (she came from upper state New York - had a vet there - so I have to establish a vet in the Boston area), on April 7th. I have a list of questions for the vet, one of them being the tearing.

I wanted to go to a holistic vet, but they are way too far away from where I live. Plus, the one I was going to see will not allow her clients/patients to use ANY kind of flea/tick medication and she pushes the raw food diet. Which I don't agree with either issue. When I called the office, they said that they won't even see you as a client if you use flea/tick medication, that you just have to use "natural" stuff and vacuum every day. Like I have freakin time to vacuum my wall to wall carpeted house every day. I am lucky I have time to eat dinner at 8:30 at night.

So, yes I agree, there is a place and time for medication. I really was struggling about using the flea/tick meds., but the breeder I got her from uses them on all her Yorkies and has had no problems with reactions, etc. She said that last year was a horrible flea year and this year will probably be even worse, so I don't want to take any chances with her or having fleas in my house.

And as far a raw foods go, maybe that would work for some people, but not me. I don't like the idea of feeding my dog raw meat.

Hopefully, I will like this vet, she won't try and push too many vaccines on me and will be able to figure out why my dog's eyes tear so much!!
sportschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!