View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
KimInMD
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Getting to know you... (Patience update)

What a whirlwind couple of days we've had. Tuesday I flew from Baltimore to Detroit, and back again, to pick up our new fur baby, Patience from Lori. Wednesday hubby and I flew with all three dogs, in cabin, (what were we thinking?) to the Florida Keys. It was a 2.5 hr. plane ride, and another 1.5 car ride, with 8.5 hrs. of total travel time. Patience was an angel. She did so well, and I was so proud of her, as this must all be so confusing for her. She didn't get much of a birthday party for her 1st birthday that day, but she did get some treats of boiled chicken and a few bites of cake, which she loved. We had a nice long walk by the ocean for a couple hours before dark. She was curious about all the new smells and checking out critters like the geckos and pelicans. I know she was thinking "what are those giant birds"? Yesterday we went to the vet for a check up. Patience weighed in at a whopping 2.14 lbs. She got a clean bill of health (yay!), and we were able to discuss microchipping, flea and heart worm prevention. All of these things worry me because she is so tiny. She also had her rabies shot. I over reacted, flinched and cried, but she did not. What a good girl. So far, she seems fine, and there has been no bad reactions (yay!), so we spent the whole afternoon outside again. We took a nice walk and she did lots of exploring. She even tasted (and loved) homemade apple sorbet from the French bakery. Her hair gets so dirty here. The heat, the constant ocean breeze and salt air always make her look like a tangled, hot mess, and no matter how often she gets brushed, she looks ill kept. Sadly, I think we may need to be practical and opt for cutting down her beautiful show coat in favor of a low maintenance puppy cut. Patience has made lots of new friends already, and everyone she sees falls in love with her. Word travels quickly here, and the neighbors have been stopping by to meet and welcome her to the community. I am so blessed to have my sweet little love bug in my life. She has such a bubbly, friendly little personality. We are going slowly, getting to know more about each other, building trust and a bond. She already adores hubby, and he is just enchanted with her, which makes my heart sing. I think Lori was right. It was a match made in heaven. I so love our new little fuzzy faced, angel girl. Thank you, Lori, for making my dream come true!
Attached Thumbnails
Getting to know you... (Patience update)-img_0068.jpg   Getting to know you... (Patience update)-img_0069.jpg   Getting to know you... (Patience update)-img_0070.jpg   Getting to know you... (Patience update)-img_0071.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!