Thread: Heart Attack
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Beabble
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Heart Attack

OMG I'm gonna have a heart attack!! How the heck do you teach a 4 pound 1 1/2 year old yorkie that a 64 and 74 pound furkid can crush her and NOT to jump gates?? THANK GOD that Gracie and Elijah (our boxers) listen so well. Mags and Jazzie were in the livingroom with the gate up, I let Gracie and Elijah out of their kennels and the next thing I knew, I hear Ross (my husband) yellin from the living room, JAZZIE NO, NO,STOP! Then I hear Jazzies lil nails on the kitchen floor. I hurried and grabbed Gracie and Elijah and told them no, stay, and they did just that. Meanwhile, Jazzie runs into the laundry room right up to them and then Gracie and Elijah start gettin all wiggly and jiggly. Ross took the gate down to come catch Jazzie, and Mags takes off right behind him and then SHE'S in the laundry room with all of us as well. Yep, I think their tryin to give me a heart attack.... Do any of you have a 4 pound furkid that you let around your big furbuts? If so, how do you do it? Are you scared to death the lil ones will get hurt? With Mags, we always just put up the gate and she could have run of part of the house and the big furkids had the other rooms, and that was fine, but when we got Jazzie, we had to start doing crate and rotate cause gates mean nothing to her. I've been doing some looking around online at higher gates, I can't believe what they want for them, it's CRAZY!! So, I'm thinking about actually making some myself. I told Ross (my husband) I was about to make screen doors and put the heavy gauge wire mesh in them and put one where I normally put the gates, that way I KNOW she wouldn't get to the big furkids. Jazzies plum crazy, lol. I don't see HOW she can jump as high as she does for such a lil furgirl, I think she's spring loaded or something, lol. The highest gate I have here she jumps without even touching it!! These gates scare me with her to though, cause I'm always afraid she's gonna get her leg hung up in it one of these times and break her lil leg. That's why if I make my own gates, I'm gonna make the slats going up and down instead of how the gates are now that I have. I still think screen doors with heavy wire mesh would be better though. May not look the prettiest, but I know she wouldn't get over it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!