View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
sadesmom
Yorkie Yakker

Confused Sadie is aggressive and pushy.. and spoiled!

Hi everyone!
I am taking full blame for my yorkie sadie's behavior. It can only be my fault.
I grew up with golden retrievers, and decided I wanted a non shedding dog and came across yorkies. I decided I had to have her, and since I was 18 at the time, and still living at home ( still currently) with two other golden retrievers, I wanted to her to be just like them! Well, Im wrong. I thought she would take after them, but she doesn't. She runs this house. She constantly nips at Brutus, the sweetest boy who won't even growl at her to stop. Then she will occasionally, maybe a few times a year snap at Lola who will put her right in her place. Now, that also worries me because although lola is the sweetest girl, I don't know if she would ever hurt her, or if sadie would hurt her! ( or brutus!) She also attacks all three of my cats, mostly the oldest, Toby.. he is also so sweet... they all are... except for her!

NOW- sadie is mine and my boyfriends and we are absolutely determined to stop this behavior. She will also attack any dog when she feels they are giving too much attention... I took her over the christmas break to my boyfriends cousins house who had just gotten a yorkie mix puppy and when the puppy jumped on her back she snapped! Now, this is a puppy and not the energy sadie wanted, but still! Play and stop being such a B....... I love her to death, she is so sweet and cuddly and smothers you with kisses. But she does pull on walks, go out the door before me (I stopped her from doing that but nothing changed) she doesn't sit for food.. actually, she only sits for treats and doesn't even really come when called.

She is spayed, and turns 3 in June. I need to get her to listen to me, and be trusted. I will do whatever it takes. We were considering Bark Busters, but I think I should be able to train my dog on my own for free! Not hundreds of dollars anyways. She is expensive as it is! So advice is absolutely welcome, books, links anything! Some success stories would be nice, because Im feeling very helpless. I would never give her away, ever. But I also don't want to have to wait to get a golden retriever once I move out, or be afraid around children. When my little brother and sister came over at christmas time ( Now 8 months and 2 years old) she was extremely jealous. I didn't trust her at all. Her ears were back, but she was excited and not at that "ears back attacking" mode... which is also confusing! When she is happy to see you or another dog, like Lola for instance, her ears go back her tail goes and she runs and gives kisses... but when she is attacking, her ears go back and she snarls... I stopped picking her up when she does that because it just makes it worse and rewards her... but I need advice with this aggression... please!
Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to get all the information out!!
sadesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!