View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
zowiandnikasmom
YT 500 Club Member

thank you ann! i thought i remembered you posting about wylie occasionally having some skin issues previously and of course because it's fairly common with a cushing's pup. did wylie ever have to take ketoconazole and lysodren at the same time?

yes, i do have some prednisone (pills) on hand for emergency only that i was given at the time zowi started her trilostane. thanks for mentioning that, you're right it is key. we do always watch for signs of overcontrol but especially now that she is taking 2 medications (ketoconazole and trilostane) concurrently that can both lower her cortisol. as far as just being on the trilostane alone zowi has not had any side effects and has always had a good appetite and no upset stomach with the med which is very important as you know. i am just concerned that taking both meds at the same time puts us at a much higher risk of addisonian crisis right now and zowi's dr agrees that is a concern. i wish there was a better way.

thanks for your response and well wishes for my girl! we appreciate it very much! hugs to you and yours as well!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!