View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Yorkiesatwork
YT Addict

Default the

ok... at the risk of starting a firestorm, I'm going to bring up the fact that I had an invisible fence installed about a month ago. I had read many posts that were wildly opposed to them. ...but my guys were gonna die if I didn't do something. My neighborhood is full of golf carts, scooters, walkers, you name it. And try as I might, I couldn't control my boys. I could pretty much control Marley, my 'big' boy (9#), but my little guy (6#) is a wild man. What finally convinced me was holding the collar in my hand and walking over the "correction" line. It's not a shock -- maybe some of these fences shock, but not this one. It's like a "Tens" machine, which is an electrode based pain therapy. Now...I wouldn't necessarily want one on my neck, but it can't hurt you -- only startle you. Now, a month after installation, when I let the guys out with their collars on they stay in the yard -- no matter what temptation comes along. But the funny thing is, if they sneak out -- make a break for it if I'm getting the mail or closing the garage door -- they stay in the yard even without their collars. My and their lives are so much better. And I don't have to worry about the type of situation described in this post. Say what you will... if folks would make the investment for the invisible fence, there would be a lot more live Yorkies today.
Yorkiesatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!