View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Found a Yorkie Wandering the Neighborhood! (happy ending)

I was walking to my community's gym and as I was turning the corner a woman ran over to me, pointed and said "is that your dog??!!". I looked down the road and saw a Yorkie standing on the opposite corner. I told her it wasn't my dog. She explained that she and the elderly man in the car adjacent to us have been trying to catch it for the past 15 minutes but it kept running the opposite direction. I started walking over to him and his ears went straight back and tail between his legs. I lowered myself to the floor and in a high pitched voice i said "look what i haaavvveee". He started walking the other way. I told the woman to get in her car and follow him and I'll chase him. We had to do something. Thank God he doesn't run that fast! I finally caught him in someone's driveway. I had to crawl from the sidewalk to get him and then enticed him with "you wanna go in the car?".

The lady who had retrieved her car then pulled over and saw the Yorkie and I together and was relieved......until we called both phone numbers on his tag and they were BOTH DISCONNECTED! Bentley was clearly well taken care of as he had a nice haircut, collar and cute bandana. We decided to go door to door to find the owners. After about 20 minutes a car passed us and then reversed slowly. The woman said "wow that looks like my sister's dog. Bentley? Is that you???".

It was her sister's dog. And the driveway I caught him in was his driveway. Her sister's husband came outside and explained that Bentley has been getting loose since he taught him how to chase lizards in the garage

Ironically, Bentley's owners happen to be the folks who live directly behind me. He showed me the work he did in his backyard and we sat on the patio making small talk, while I wondered how on earth they can let this sweet boy EVER get loose. Interesting way to meet the neighbors. They did seem like nice folks.

So now if I ever see Bentley in the street I'll know where to bring him. Probably home with me And as a reminder, make sure you have accurate and up to date information on your dog's tag. I'm truly relieved I found his owners. I was getting very nervous holding that beautiful boy in my arms.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!