Thread: bully sticks..
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
NewYorksBrandy
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
Your dog can't bite off a piece of the bully sticks like they can many other chew items. They are dried solid and hard. It takes Gracie a long time just to soften the end of the bully stick and by then she has done enough chewing. When she starts again she has to soften it up all over again. I always get her the 12" size and throw them away when they get to be 3 to 4". Anything a dog puts in it's mouth is potentially dangerous just like you could choke on the next piece of meat you eat. I think having my dog searching around for something to chew and finding pens and cardboard and other plastic items is more dangerous. She needs to chew occasionally and a foot long bully stick is a lot safer than some of the other things I have caught her with. She is almost two and her teeth have stayed perfectly white.
I totally agree with you.. Miss Brandy is just crazy biting up the soles of my nike running shoes.. She doesn't bother with the sneaker but the insole since it comes out she goes nuts with it.. thank goodness it doesn't rip easy.. Bully stick sounds like a good idea.. I never leave her unattended.. I think the rule of thumb is not for them to have free range of the house till their two.. Right.. If I can't watch her I crate her..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!