View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #7
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Lynn, I know how hard this must be...Trust me, I have been through this myself, but not from your point-of-view. My parents got divorced when I was 10, and at the age of 12 my mom decided that it was time for us to move closer to the rest of our family. I was really sad because I didn't want to leave my dad or all of my friends that I had grown up with, but I supported my mom because I knew it would be best and that we would be surrounded with family. I visited my dad 3 times a yr (he paid for the plane tickets)...1 week for Christmas, 1 week for spring break, and 1 month in the summer. It worked out great for us, and I'm actually very glad that we moved because I got to go to better schools and I got to accomplish a lot of goals in middle school and high school that I couldn't have done in the small town that we lived. Flying was not that big of a deal at all! I was completely used to it, and there was always a flight attendant there with me...Also, most of the time, I got to fly first class if there were seats available up there. A 13 yr old kid flying by himself is not a big deal, esp. if the flight attendant is with you. Besides missing my dad, moving was actually one of the best things that could've happened to me.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!