View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Camera My Progress So Far...

Hey guys! Well today I started on my first dog carrier purse. I wanted something to have with me for KS when we go home to Alabama for vacation soon. I used an OOP Simplicity pattern. I will post a pic of the pattern I used.

Now, I know I am still learning all of this stuff but this pattern was so hard for me to read. So to be perfectly honest after much confusion, I decided to wing it and go by the pictures the best I could. LOL. IDK why they have to make these patterns so confusing. But for following pix and trying to decipher as much as I could, I am happy so far. I am not finished with the carrier. I still need to add the bow to the flap that closes over the top. I also need to add the velcro for it to close. I also am going to add some more trim to the inside around the top to help cover up a boo boo or two. No one will ever know...well except you guys! Ha ha! I also am thinking of either having KS's initials monogrammed in pink on the front of the bag, or going to Hobby Lobby and getting the iron on one's and doing it myself. The bag has a insert to make the bottom firm so KS can stand up straight in this if she wants. The pattern said to only add 1 layer of cardboard, but I added 2 just in case. Then the cardboard is covered with fabric so you can't see it. But I wanted to share it so far. I worked for about 6 hours today on this. My neck is tired and I had to quit. I need rest!

Hoping to go to the store tomorrow and get a few things. So hopefully I can finish this tomorrow. I'll take better pix and share this week. But in the meantime...what do you guys think so far? Excuse the bad pic...took it with my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg il_570xN_93775959.jpg (43.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG077.jpg (106.9 KB, 96 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!