View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
ash04ley
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Weighing Pups & a few other Questions

Pheobe is due in the end of April. I want to get a scale for weighing the puppies. I was wondering what brand of scale do you guys use? What kind(kitchen,or baby??..etc)? I have been trying to do research online but am getting mixed info. I've also read on reviews that the scales were "off" and i want to make sure i get a legitimate scale. I would also like to not spend a fortune, but realize that you get what you pay for !! I am planning doing a really in depth photo album/scrap book and i want to document photos and info for each pup. This is Pheobe's last litter before spaying her. I want to have a "really awesome" thing that i can look at as the years go by.. and also, provide the puppies new family with a really neat "packet" to bring home with them about their new baby. So, any input on anything you guys have done in this area of things would be appreciated, too.

Also, I work ten hour days minimum, five days a week. I have been saving my paid time off just for this event Management is aware that i am planning to take at least ten days off, although i will be on call for any urgent things, as I am the only one that does my job at the office. They are being very accepting of my request, but are also concerned about the fact that I cant say.. "okay i need off on the 26th through the 6th" or something along those lines. I mean, i could, and i have let them know her due date.. but theres no SURE date, you know? I dont want to schedule exact days off and then end up haveing five days off just sitting at home staring at Pheobe(haha) and then dont have all the time i think is needed to be there while the pups are still very new to the world. I am probably blowing it way out of proportion but I would rather be safe then sorry, if i were to have to be at work and then lost a lil guy/girl due to something that could have been prevented, i would never be able to forgive myself. I'm thankful that they are willing to work with me and get things accomodated(spelling?), so I am planning to try to give them a fair estimate at least a week or so ahead of time. Have any of you used Debbie Jensens Temperature taking method and found accurate results? I already have the chart printed and am planning to do it, but im curious as to how accurate it is. I figure, taking the temp ten days before shes due, will give me a good estimate when its the day/night before and i can at least say " okay, sorry, but i WONT BE IN TOMORROW" . Any other methods/ info/ techniques will help!!! I want to upest my boss as LITTLE as possible
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!