Thread: Erg! Fleas!
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Default Erg! Fleas!

Hi everyone! I feel like I haven't posted in forever but I am having a huge flea issue right now and I knew this was the place for some help.

We have been very lucky (especially for Florida) and rarely have had to deal with fleas. In the handful of times we have, one dose of Frontline did the trick. Since Sugar and Spike are 3 and 4 pounds (give or take a few ounces) I've always split one between them and Gracie (7 1/2 pounds) got a full.

Soooo, now the problem. Last week I noticed Spike scratching and sure enough, found fleas. Checked the other two- fleas. Went straight to the vet which is now recommending Vectra 3D. I bought 3 vials and 3 Capstars to tide them over while the Vectra did it's thing. I split 1 vial between Sugar and Spike and gave a full to Gracie. My husband treated our yard. A few days later- FLEAS! I split the third vial between Sugar and Spike bringing them each to a full dose. Still- fleas! All three. No bathing has been done so I know that isn't the problem.

At this point I have no idea what to do. Vectra seems to get good reviews but it just isn't working and I don't want to add Frontline on top of it- seems too much. As it is, both Gracie and Spike act really crazy after flea treatment (same with Frontline or Vectra) and I'm worried about overloading their little systems.

I'm going to be away from the computer for a while but will check in later- any idea would be really appreciated. I am so stumped.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!