Thread: Potty training
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
AlishaYorkie
Yorkie Yakker

I pad trained my puppy. When I first got her it was horrible I couldn't keep her on the pad and I had to sat with her until she used the pad and she would still jump over me and run all around the house. So I finally bought a babygate for $9 at walmart and locked off a corner in my apt. And I would put her in it every hour and let her stay there until she pee or poop. When I couldn't watch her I would put her in her crate. If she been in her crate for 2 hours I would then take her to her pad until she uses it. And at night also I put her in her crate, say I go to bed at 10:30pm I would get up at 12am and put her on her pad...and then put her back in the crate after she uses it. She finally got the hang of it. It took me about 2 months because I also work so I couldnt stay home all day and train her. But I got her when she was 1 month old now she is 3 months almost 4, and I can now leave her wandering around the house and she go to the pad by herself, but make sure you give her a treat EVERY time she uses the pad and say GOOD BOY/GIRL...It works

Last edited by AlishaYorkie; 03-10-2012 at 07:24 AM.
AlishaYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!