Thread: New Dres Design
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
southernbelle04
Katie Scarlett's Mommy
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 036 New Dres Design

Hey guys! I made this dress tonight. This pic is not very good, but I hope you can tell a little. I will post better pix tomorrow. Katie Scarlett has a portrait session at Petco. I wanted her to wear a dress Mommy made, so I made this one. The skirt on this one is really long and it is a more formal gown. I think I would only put this on her for special occasions. It is definitely not an outdoor, rolling in the leaves kind of dress. LOL. I used 3 patterns for this one. For the bodice, I used the Simplicity pattern I've been using. The XS fits KS so well I thought I'd keep with it. The skirt and the collar are a Kwik Sew pattern and the bow is from a McCall's pattern. The brown braided trim and the big bow on the dress are not sewn on. I used that 'Liquid Stitch' stuff for the first time on those. I hope it will work. Anyone ever used that stuff? It says it is supposed to dry 24 hours, but it will be a few hours shy of that when her pix are to be taken. I'll have to be real careful and hope it will be ok. I'm not going to dress her until right before time to snap the pix.

I made a very basic bow for her top knot to match this just for tomorrow, but I'd like to have a more professional one made. I'll have to go shopping. Tee hee.

But anyways, wanted to share what I finished up. Y'all have a great night!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg formal dress 001.JPG (149.7 KB, 86 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!