View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
DaisyMaesMom
and Ty too!
Donating Member

Default I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.

Sorry to do this to you all again, but my ex is giving me a hard time about moving with my son and I have come up with a lot of solutions, all that he has turned down. I want you to read this letter that I am going to send him and let me know what you think.. Thanks!!

As per our conversation last night, January 18, 2006, wherein I called you concerning my upcoming move to Concord, North Carolina; please understand that I am trying to work amicably with you toward a solution to keep Danny out of court and to continue your relationship with him. My first suggestion was that I would agree to Danny spending four weeks with you during the summer, a week at Christmas Break, and alternating Thanksgivings and Spring Breaks, and I would agree to pay half of the airfare. However, you disagreed with this arrangement, and stated that you could not go “months” without seeing your son. I completely understood your point, so after giving the matter further consideration, I thought that since you were now willing to pay for private school to keep him here (which you did NOT agree to for his middle school education 2 years ago), perhaps rather than pay for private school, you could purchase a plane ticket each month to have him come down and stay with you for any weekend of your choosing. This would enable you to see him every month and still on the extended holiday visits. However, once again, you said no to this arrangement, citing that you don’t want him in North Carolina, because you “couldn’t see him if he got sick or something”. You also said that he was too young to get on a plane by himself at 13, and that if and when I move you will pick him up on your visitations, and not put him on a plane. However, I have researched this issue, and, for an additional small fee, children from the age of 5 and up can fly unattended, and the flight attendant will personally care for him throughout his travel, from one parent to the other.

Henry, I do not want to go to court, primarily because Danny is opposed to being put in front of the judge and having to talk. I am also trying to save both of us the cost of attorney's fees and possible court fees, but you are leaving me no options. As you can see, I have bent over backwards trying to come up with a solution that we can both agree to, that is in the best interest of Danny, but you seem to keep adding road blocks each time I talk to you regarding issues that were never mentioned before (as if you are making up excuses, rather than dealing with the facts). At this point, it truly feels as if you have turned this matter into a personal attack on me.

Page 2 of 2
1/19/06

I need you to take into consideration that my family can no longer afford to live here. My husband has gotten an offer for employment, which would raise our annual income by approximately $5,000.00, and due to the cost of living and public v. private school issue, our living expenses would be drastically reduced. I would no longer need to put all 3 of my children in private schools. Additionally, I have done extensive research into the crime rate and each area’s schools, and the schooling far exceeds the education that he would receive here. The crime index and registered sexual offenders statistics are much higher in Homestead than in Concord, North Carolina, and where Homestead’s crime index is 3 times higher than the national average, Concord’s crime index is below the national average.

Please understand that I am willing to listen to any suggestions that you might have to help us resolve this matter without having to go to court. Please let me know if you want to talk.

Regards,

Lynn

cc: Roberta Fox, Esq. (via facsimile)
DaisyMaesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!