View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
ashley_
Senior Yorkie Talker

Post I need to find a new home for my 2 yr old Female Yorkie

I am new to the forum and found it while trying to find a way to find a good home for my yorkie. I love her very much, but she has become very aggressive towards my other much smaller yorkie and it is not safe for her.

Her name is Joli (which more or less means sleepy in Korean because the first few days I had her she slept a lot and my boyfriend is Korean and I wanted to give her a Korean based name). She is 2.5 years old born Sept 2, 2009 and weighs around 8.5lbs. She is lighter than most yorkies, but recently has started looking like her hair is growing in darker. We live in Houston, TX. She is litter box trained though she likes to go outside, so I think she would be able to learn to go outside pretty easily. I did not socialize her with enough people when she was younger so she is skeptical of people with darker skin, but has been getting better about this. I think she would do best in a home with no other pets and no young children.
She can be very, very sweet, but sometimes she will completely snap for seemingly no reason towards my 3lb yorkie. And if it was just a snip I could see it getting better, but it is vicious attacks. I have tried many things to make this better including finally getting her spayed, but nothing seems to be helping. It is really hard when it doesn't seem to be for a reason (never about toys or food or when one is getting attention).

I know a trainer would be good, but I am currently a graduate student and though I work from home a lot so they get lots of my attention I do not have the funds to pay for the training she really needs.

I really hate to lose her, but cannot risk the health of my smaller yorkie any longer. I was going to send her to live with my dad who lives in NC, but he has an older cat that is very afraid of dogs and am afraid she will treat him the same way.

I would definitely want to meet with anyone interested to make sure she feels comfortable with you and you are prepared to take care of her and train her as she needs. So I would definitely prefer to find someone in Houston or within a couple of hours drive.

I am asking $300 in order to make sure you are serious about taking care of my baby. I can also include supplies for her.

This is not a decision I am taking lightly and really hope I can find a loving home for my Joli.

I can give more details about her if needed. She is a very sweet dog about 95% of the time. :/
ashley_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!