View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #177
impish
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Dear OP, I've been praying for Cali and hoping this gets resolved soon. I wanted to offer my two cents in regard to questioning medical care - and as a provider you already know this, but I feel it's worth repeating.

You must be an advocate for Cali and part of that is asking questions that might or might not offend her providers. Most likely however, they won't offend her providers at all. But doctors are not infalible - even teams of doctors. People die all the time due to missed diagnosis. With a medical world that is so specialized now, it's even more common for diagnosis outside one's specialty to be missed.

I think there used to be a school of thought of "not quetioning the experts." Unfortunately in today's world of medicine I don't think that serves us very well. And questioning does not mean disrespect as I feel some people have made it out to be in this thread.

Good doctors don't always have all the answers so I think it's important at the end of the day to ask whatever you need to ask.

God bless to you and your husband and your baby Cali. You are being an EXCELLENT advocate for your baby. I just wanted to encourage your process. God willing we will have a solution soon.
impish is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!