View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balderdashian View Post
...not at my new 12 week Yorkie but at the countless people telling me an absurd amount of contradicting information about how to raise and train him. Sorry for the rant, but this is ridiculous. The breeder said to just leave food out all the time. But the housebreaking book I just got (Housebreaking in 7 Days, per the sticky here) says feed him 4 times a day per a strict schedule. So does a few blogs. But then another site says to deed him 3 times a day. And another says 2 times a day (yes itnsaid a Yorkie between 3-6 months should be fed twice a day. I'm going to ffollow the book's but my confidence in it isn't exactly great.

I'm also reading places that housetraining is crucial during this time. But then I'm also told by the breeder and the vet that he shouldn't leave the house until his final booster is given and kicks in a month from now. I'm trying to doastroturf litterbox training (he won't stay put in there and it'ss been a nightmare) - but what if I wanted to do outdoors? I don't have a lawn. I live in an apartment on the 4th floor.

I'm going out of my mind. This world of pet care is utter chaos. Where is the difinitive authority? Where is the Bible of pet care that every vet swears by? Why does everyone and every site give tips as if they were universally accepted practices without even mentioning the fact that others disagree?

Sorry to bother everyone with this, I just had to get it out.
Everyone is just being helpful. Kind of like having a skin baby isn't it!
Just take what information that works best for you and your little man. I do have to agree not taking him out till he's had his shots though.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!