Thread: I quit
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Because of this, my children have their own cup, bowl and plate. They are responsible for those dishes. I do not wash them, or do anything with them. They are not allowed to use the dishwasher to wash them, nor are they allowed to put them in the dishwasher for me to wash. If they are hungry and their dishes are dirty, they either have to clean them or they don't eat.

They also have their own laundry day. They are only allowed to use the washer and dryer on their day. I got tired of having to rewash their laundry after it sat in the washer and soured, or rotate their laundry in order to do my own. If they don't wash clothes on their designated laundry day, they either don't have clean clothes or they can use their own money and take them to a laundromat.

It may sound mean, but in my opinion, they are going to be on their own someday and need to learn that a magic fairy doesn't swoop down and clean up their messes and cook their meals and wash their laundry.
That being said, I don't require my children to clean the house, vacuum, wash my laundry or anything I would have to do myself if I didn't have kids. I do not believe that my kids are free housekeepers for me to use to my advantage. I do clean everyday, I am OCD about my home being clean.
My kids are 18 and 15.

Last edited by McheleM; 03-06-2012 at 02:35 PM.
McheleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!