Thread: I quit
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
Tina21
Donating YT Addict

Default I quit

I am sure that I am not the only wife and mother to make this decision. I had an epiphany this weekend. I work three days a week and have four days off, in a row. For the last four days I did laundry and cleaned. This morning while getting ready for work I looked around me at the dirty dishes piled up in the sink, the spills on the counters, the crumbs and spills on the floor and in each room of my home various messes and I decided to give up.

My DH and I are both very clean people, we work hard to take care of our home but my DD is a walking disaster area. I have tried everything in my power to get her to change her ways and have failed. When she was in Utah in treatment our home was spotless. I cleaned less than an hour each day and my home was always clean and comfortable. When she returned that all changed. She firmly believes that she is not messy and just cannot see what she is doing. I am tired of cleaning and fighting. I have been trying to work towards starting my own business and instead of building an inventory I am cleaning my home, for nothing.

My DD is almost 18 and most likely will be on her own in the next couple of years. When she is on her own I will once again have the clean home that I love. So instead of continuing on being stressed out and tired I have decided enough. I have the right to enjoy my life and I'm not. So the next days off will be devoted to sewing and crafting, I am going to start taking care of me.

Anyone else made this choice and how did it go?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!