Thread: Which CC brush?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
Schooby
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
The #1 All Systems Wood Pin brush is a full size paddle brush with a full size handle. Chris Christensen makes a narrower (oblong) version, but it is the same size (8.5 inches) in overall length. I posted a comparison picture here: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/att...ms-brushes.jpg

To get more feedback on the differences between the gold and Fusion CC brushes, try posting a thread in the show section. The exhibitors will probably be able to give you more insight. Or, you could call the Chris Christensen offices. The number is on their website and they are very nice people.
Thank you so much! It looks like I'm going to have to wait on ordering after all. I spent more than I planned at the vet's today. I will keep looking into them though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
I have the gold CC 20mm is plenty long enough. I have the small size for Yorkies and the larger size for the Blackies.

I only use these two brushes in the show ring, to help control static flyaway, when environment is dry. I also use Vellus anti static spray misted on either brush and bring into the ring with me.

For home use, I think these two brushes are a bit pricey for general grooming. It would be the last brush I would get, and perhaps only use it prior to picture taking, or great event type of days.

I do like the wooden pin brush, I have again the small and large size for my pups.

Hope this helps.
Thank you! It helped a ton I am not showing the boys, and Chase's coat is kept fairly short. Maybe I should just get another Madan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggy View Post
I have original series, little 20mm for arms little parts and so, and 27mm pocket for body , I use them to brush and blow dry in first half time for second time I prefer another kind of brush.
The original series has a firm cushion so I would try fusion or gold series but I'm confused too so I wrote to CC site for difference between brushes , this is the answer :

The Fusion series pin brushes are our highest quality brushes. They have the thickest padding, made from treated wood, more pins, and static free. The Gold series is our second highest quality. It has a flexible cushion, but it is not as thick, and it is also made from a treated wood. I like the gold series the best because of the flexible cushion.

Fusion is also in pocket size, Gold no
Thank you so much! It sounds like the gold may be the way to go. Thank you for emailing them Static can be an issue, but I have been trying to get better about using a spray when brushing, and that helps!
Schooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!