View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney71 View Post
As some of you might remember, back in November my Tink had an eye ulcer. On her last check up, the vet said she was doing ok. Keep up with the Science Diet rx food and hair around they eyes will grow...this was in December.

We are now in March, I took her to the vet last month, watery eyes, hair won't grow and she is constantly scratching. Blood work, scrape, eye ulcer, all negative.
Vet sent me off with Neo poly b 3.5gm, twice a day and hydroxyzine also twice a day....3 weeks later and her eyes seems worst and hair wont grow...what can it be?? I'm at the point of switching vets!
I recommend seeing an ophthalmologist. She could have something as simple as allergies, or she could have mites around her eyes, or it could be something else.

Max had eye problems, corneal ulcers and watery eyes on and off. He had ectopic cilia, hair growing underneath his eyelid. Sometimes the hairs are so fine that they can go undetected even with examination under magnification.

Did your vet do a fluorscein dye test on her eyes to rule out scratches or ulcers?

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!