View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
manda-poos
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 036 Bedtime barking in the crate

Three weeks ago I brought home three yorkies I inherited, and it's mostly going well. But, one (the middle fur baby), really hates being put in her crate at night. The previous owner would give rawhide at night to get them to go in their crates, and I have since changed that to a Kong with a little peanut butter. All three seem to like the change, but Louise will bark and scratch at her crate for quite a while once I put her to bed.
The crates are open all day for them to go in and out. During the day they alternate from one bedroom for about one and a half hours, and then they get run of the back room with doggie door for about one and a half hours. The are still, slowly, being introduced to my first dog, so they don't get run of the whole house yet. When the yorkies are in "their" bedroom Louise is quiet. She only barks when in her crate at night (and of course, the occasional cat on the back wall )
She doesn't bark all night (at least not anymore, thank goodness!) I want her happy and comfortable. Any ideas to help her out?

Thanks!
manda-poos is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!